[UG2019] [Turnbull Zemi] Threatening email/脅迫のメール

Stephen J. Turnbull turnbull.stephen.fw at u.tsukuba.ac.jp
Mon Nov 12 19:51:36 JST 2018

English follows Japanese

皆さん

今日、脅迫のメールが届きました。ネタは、50ビットコインを払わなければ
個人情報をバラすということです。自分の分析の結果、本物のハッカーではな
く、ただの詐欺師だと、がほぼ確実です。同様なメールが届いたら、是非私に
相談してください。なお、「詐欺だけ」と言ってもかなり危険なメールなので
すでに社工と大学のコンピュータ委員に連絡しました。

メールがかなり長いけど、最初の部分はこうです:

    こんにちは!

    私のニックネームはjone69です。

    私は半年以上前にこのメールボックスをハッキングしました。

    私が作成したウイルス(トロイの木馬)をあなたのオペレーティングシス
    テムに感染させ、あなたを長い間監視してきました。

    その後もパスワードを変更したとしても、それは問題ではありません。私
    のウイルスはあなたのコンピュータ上のすべてのキャッシングデータを傍
    受しました私のために自動的にアクセスを保存しました。

以上に私の個人情報がなくて全メールでも一切ないのでフェークだと分かりま
した。届いたら心配するのが当り前のでそのときに是非ご相談ね。

よろしく

Hi, everyone.

Today I received a threatening email.  The story is that if I don't
send 50 bitcoin to a particular wallet, my personal information such
as web browsing records will be made public.  For several reasons, I
am sure that this is not actually a hack, but rather a fraud based on
a fake story.  In particular, there is no information in the mail that
identifies me except my email address in "To", and every spammer in
the world has that.

I put the first part of the mail in the indented part of the Japanese
message above so you can recognize it.  If you get such a mail, please
feel free to consult with me.  It's natural to be nervous about it.
However, there's no reason to suppose the threat is valid.  I have
already informed the Shako and University computer committees about
it.

Steve

--
Associate Professor              Division of Policy and Planning Science
http://turnbull.sk.tsukuba.ac.jp/     Faculty of Systems and Information