[Grad2022] [Turnbull Zemi] Tomorrow's Zemi

Stephen J. Turnbull stephenjturnbull at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 00:28:23 JST 2022

Hi,

As usual we will have Zemi tomorrow at 13:00.
We will discuss the presentations yesterday.

I append my notes from the presentation.  They're not extensive, and I
didn't make notes on everybody, but I hope they're useful.  They're in
reverse order of presentation.

Li Yueqi

-

Jin Mingyang

- Okamoto: very negative framing, positive factors?
- Ota: why SOR?  claim originality from SOR, but what is the benefit
  of using the model?
- Okamoto: distribution of attitudes
- Okamoto: "economics" in title not appropriate, get approval of human
  subjects committee (倫理委員会)

Liu Liang

- Sawa: broaden survey and choose best method
- A 2x2 game can't support any interesting analysis.  No research
  question that can be analyzed was presented -- interesting
  hypotheses would require specification of the utility functions, and
  would involve conditions on them.

Ma Tao

-

Zhou Yapei

- Sawa suggests "3-sided market".
- Add survey of 2-sided market papers- Comparison = which better? =
  performance criterion?
- Harada: 紹介とじぶんの研究の区別、モデルtoo simple、経営
  分野のモデル、サービスの価値は -> simulation?
  Translation: 1. How much of this is an introduction to the field,
  and how much is your own research?  2. The model is too simple.  You
  should look at models from management and service evaluation.
  3. I'm worried about a full theoretical development.  Perhaps you
  should consider including some simulation results.

Wang Tianshu

- Difference between papers on insurance?
- survey of literature.

Xu Hui

-