[Grad2022] [Turnbull Zemi] Progress evaluations, research advising, and meeting

Stephen J. Turnbull turnbull.stephen.fw at u.tsukuba.ac.jp
Mon Jul 19 01:28:44 JST 2021

Hi, everyone

I will translate this message to Japanese tomorrow, but I am very
sleepy now so just English for now.

I have scheduled a general meeting for Wednesday 7/21 at 15:30.  This
meeting will cover basic principles of research for master students,
outline the goals for the summer, and the needed documents to
implement research.  It is required for M1 and M2 students.
Undergraduates, kenkyusei, entrance examination candidates, and PhD
students are welcome but attendance is optional.  I hope you have
received an update from Teams but Teams has been misbehaving recently.

Here is the meeting URL in case it does not appear on your Teams calendar.
https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3a738f1695d01c4d33a7bca827ad754b6a%40thread.tacv2/1591941237178?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%229e5b5dfd-669d-4ef8-b240-4229cbf4a83d%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%22826f333a-d507-4724-b74e-5d93119bb241%22%7d

M1 and M2 students need to fill out the Progress Evaluations
(達成度評価).  You can download from the departmental site at
https://www.sk.tsukuba.ac.jp/PPS/local/, I believe.  Please send me
your current research plan and explain your progress as soon as
possible.  It does not need to be extremely detailed, I need that
information in order to sign the Progress Evaluation.  If you need a
physical signature, I will be in 3E401 on Tuesday afternoon.

I will be scheduling individual meetings arbitrarily over the next few
days, except that I know from TWINS that most graduate students are
taking courses on Monday and Thursday 5 & 6 periods.  If you have
other commitments (part time jobs, irregularly scheduled courses,
etc), please let me know when you have appointments and the nature of
the commitment.  These meetings will probably be on Teams for the near
term.  Starting in mid-August I may start coming to school regularly,
as I will received my second innoculation on August 12, and should be
effectively protected from coronavirus by late August.

Steve

--
ターンブル・ステイーヴェン・ジョン 准教授
筑波大学システム情報系社会工学域         〒305-8573つくば市天王台1-1-1
電話:  81+29-853-5175                Email:  turnbull at sk.tsukuba.ac.jp
WWW:   http://turnbull.sk.tsukuba.ac.jp/