[Grad2021] [Turnbull Zemi] Zemi schedule for 7/26-7/29

Stephen J. Turnbull stephenjturnbull at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 19:20:16 JST 2022

Hi, everybody,

My Tuesday research meeting is on Tuesday this week, so Zemi will be
on Wednesday, July 27, from 13:30 to 16:00.

All students will practice self-introduction (name, student ID,
department, principal advisor, and research theme or title).  This is
a purely oral presentation, no PowerPoint is allowed or needed.  AG
are not part of your identification.  It's good to thank them in the
introduction of a full presentation, but we'll talk about how to
express that later.

For the rest of Wednesday's Zemi, I want to explain a workflow to
allow me to keep up with everyone's progress in research.

Since almost nobody is sending me files in advance, I want to try to
set up a way that people can easily communicate progress without
having to spend time organizing an email or creating a document.
Reporting should be simply part of the daily workflow.  I will require
you to track certain documents (your thesis, your presentation, your
annotated bibliography, programs, and data files) in a *git*
repository (a collection of folders and files that allow you to build
a project) and keep a mirror repository on my host.

Next week there is a faculty meeting, so I need to move the Zemi,
probably to Thursday.  I want students to do progress reports on their
research.  I think a 15 minute report with 5-10 minutes discussion.
So this will allow about 5 students in one Zemi.

The individual meeting schedule is as follows.

日付(曜日)時間           時間    学生

07/26 (T) 12:15-12:45   30分    刘 梁 (at lab)
07/26 (T) 16:30-16:50   20分    周 雅佩 (at lab)

07/27 (W) 13:30-16:00  150分    ゼミ

07/28 (R) 13:00-13:20   20分    王 天舒
07/28 (R) 13:30-13:50   20分    李 悦祺
07/28 (R) 14:00-14:20   20分    王 巧
07/28 (R) 15:00-15:20   20分    西 康成
07/28 (R) 15:30-15:50   20分    金 明旸

07/29 (F) 13:00-13:20   20分    马 弢
07/29 (F) 13:30-13:50   20分    花 季
07/29 (F) 14:00-14:20   20分    徐 慧
07/29 (F) 15:00-15:20   20分    刘 梁 (GSoC)