[Ug2018] [Turnbull Zemi] This week's schedule

Stephen J. Turnbull turnbull.stephen.fw at u.tsukuba.ac.jp
Mon Jan 22 17:55:02 JST 2018

Hi everybody,

We have a busy week coming up.  Sorry for writing in English, but I
really need to get this out and have been avoiding "because Japanese"
all afternoon.  Everybody should be attending all meetings unless
there is a class conflict.

Especially in the morning this week, please DO NOT run to catch trains
or buses.  If possible, start 15-20 minutes earlier than usual to
account for both more difficult walking and transportation delays due
to the snowstorm and ice on the ground.  But if you're late, you're
late.  I've broken enough ribs to cover you all -- don't get hurt. :-þ
Even if you grew up in the ice and snow -- Japan's winter is quite
mild, and you're out of practice.

Starting with tomorrow:

Time:   Jan. 23 (Tue) 13:00-
Place:  3E401
Agenda: Zemi
        1.  Presentations by M2 students
        2.  Presentations by kenkyusei taking Feb. entrance exam

Time:   Jan. 24 (Wed) 13:00-
Place:  3E401
Agenda: Zemi
        1.  Presentations by M2 students
        2.  Kahenman reading (Ch. 30, I think?)

Time:   Jan. 25 (Thu) 10:10-13:30
Place:  3C201
Agenda: MPPS Final Research Presentations
        10:10 Wang Yuhui
        10:28 Wang Xinyi
        10:46 Wei Xing
        11:04 Zhang Lu
        11:30-12:10 lunch break
        12:15 (Sato - Akiyama zemi)    You should attend the entire session.
        12:33 (Sawada - Akiyama zemi)  Do not enter/exit during presentation.
        12:51 Ma Junchi
        13:09 (Li Junfu - Takahashi zemi)