[Grad2022] [Turnbull Zemi] Schedule for this week

Stephen J. Turnbull stephenjturnbull at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 14:21:58 JST 2022

Hi,

Of those who responded, all but one could meet on Thursday,
15:30-17:30, but some could not meet on Wednesday.

Thursday presentations are by Mr. Wang, Ms. Jin, Ms. Xu, and Ms. Li.
I propose to meet with the 4 presenters on Wednesday afternoon to
discuss topic and content.

I looked at your February presentation and suggest one paper for
presentation.  If you have other ideas, that's OK, but I am looking
for a paper that you can present in the same way that you will
eventually present the research.  The presentation format is similar
to the proposal presentation, but you will have to adjust the balance
to include the important results, as well as motivation, model, and
methodology.  The presentation should last no more than 10 minutes.
Shorter is OK if you can cover motivation, model, and methodology in
less time, but I expect you will generally struggle to stay within 10
minutes.  You should include a very brief literature survey *from your
chosen paper's references*, at most 2 papers.  One should be a
"seminal" paper that motivates the literature as a field of study, the
other should be the most direct predecessor in model or methodology.

For non-presenters, I will assign you to comment on one of the
presentations.  Your comment should provide a concrete suggestion for
improvement of the presentation OR be a question that should be
answered in a future version of the presentation OR identify some
concrete aspect of the presentation that is *excellent* and other
presenters should try to do the same.

Presenters: after we talk tomorrow, please upload your chosen paper to
the Teams > Turnbull Zemi > General > Files area.  Slides are optional
but the commenters would appreciate it, I am sure. ;-)

日付(曜日)時間           時間    学生    Comment Paper

04/27 (W) 11:30-11:50   20分    花 季
04/27 (W) 13:30-13:50   20分    李 悦祺  刘     Meredith B. Lilly, Audrey Laporte, Peter C. Coyte, Do they care too much to work? The influence of caregiving intensity on the labour force participation of unpaid caregivers in Canada
04/27 (W) 14:00-14:20   20分    徐 慧   花、西   Ramos-Vielba, Irene, Manuel Fernández-Esquinas, and Elena Espinosa-de-los-Monteros. "Measuring university–industry collaboration in a regional innovation system."
04/27 (W) 15:00-15:20   20分    王 天舒  王、周   Paper relating CPT & COVID
04/27 (W) 15:30-15:50   20分    金 明旸  马     Kim J, Lennon S J. (2013). Effects of reputation and website quality on online consumers' emotion, perceived risk and purchase intention

04/28 (R) 10:30-10:50   20分    刘 梁
04/28 (R) 11:00-11:20   20分    王 巧
04/28 (R) 11:30-11:50   20分    周 雅佩
04/28 (R) 13:30-13:50   20分    马 弢