[Grad2021] [Turnbull Zemi] Zemi meeting, tomorrow, Wednesday March 17 16:00~

Stephen J. Turnbull turnbull.stephen.fw at u.tsukuba.ac.jp
Tue Mar 16 18:42:01 JST 2021

Hi,

I keep wanting to prepare better, but I guess it's time to just do
it.  It will be on Teams, in your calendar or at this URL (which
starts Teams from your browser)

https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3a738f1695d01c4d33a7bca827ad754b6a%40thread.tacv2/1591941237178?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%229e5b5dfd-669d-4ef8-b240-4229cbf4a83d%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%22826f333a-d507-4724-b74e-5d93119bb241%22%7d

If you cannot join at that time for any reason, please send me email.
I will be recording the lecture so you can watch it later.

Topics will include

1.  University websites and class registration

2.  Zemi and research activity in the master course (schedules, etc,
    and limitations of the Zemi guidance)

3.  What is research?, "Shako style", and where do research questions
    come from?

Then on Thursday and Friday I want to try to meet individually with
all students in the Zemi.  For those meetings, please prepare (as a
document, just an email is OK):

1.  Your expected schedule for the weeks of March 22--March 26 and
    March 29--April 2.  (Part time work, classwork, hobbies, travel
    will be considered in resolving conflicts.  That's about all I
    need to know, I don't need details, just times you prefer to
    avoid.)

2.  A short description of your current research theme, why you chose
    that theme, and career goal (work or further study after finishing
    the master degree).

3.  Proposed advisory group (at least 2, up to 4, teachers in Shako
    from
    (en) https://www.sk.tsukuba.ac.jp/PPS/en/fac/
    (ja) https://www.sk.tsukuba.ac.jp/PPS/fac/

    You should also check their research records on TRIOS:
    https://trios.tsukuba.ac.jp/
    Note that a few professors are retiring (Itoigawa, Shinichiro
    Watanabe, Kondo) or moving to other institutions (Igarashi) and
    there may be other personnel changes I'm not aware of yet, so
    although you need two members of the AG, it's a good idea to
    suggest at least 3.

    For each professor you suggest, you should provide a few words to
    explain why you think they would be helpful advisors.

Here's the proposed schedule.  If you would prefer a different time,
please try to find somebody on the list to exchange with.  If you
don't have a direct mail address, you can contact them through the
mailing list <zemi at turnbull.sk.tsukuba.ac.jp>.

Thu 03/18 10:00	張 子雲
Thu 03/18 10:30	陸 アンキ
Thu 03/18 11:00	严 熙杰
Thu 03/18 11:30	陶 丽丝
Thu 03/18 14:00	徐 慧
Thu 03/18 14:30	馬 弢
Thu 03/18 15:00	李 悦祺
Thu 03/18 15:30	刘 梁
Fri 03/18 10:00	金 明暘
Fri 03/18 10:30	周 雅佩
Fri 03/18 11:00	王 天舒
Fri 03/18 11:30	王 巧
Fri 03/18 14:00	于 澤群
Fri 03/18 14:30	花 季
Fri 03/18 15:00	櫻井 俊太朗

See you then!

Steve

--
Associate Professor              Division of Policy and Planning Science
http://turnbull.sk.tsukuba.ac.jp/     Faculty of Systems and Information