[Grad2019] 最終発表会について

Stephen J. Turnbull turnbull.stephen.fw at u.tsukuba.ac.jp
Tue Jan 22 16:09:30 JST 2019

皆さん

English follows Japanese.

再来週にM2の最終発表が行われます。スケジュールの最終版は見ていないが
最後の確認版を添付します。

いくつかの注意点があります。

1.ゼミ生 *全員* がこのゼミの全発表に出席する義務があります。

2.セッションは時限の時間帯に合わせてあり、スケジュールには余裕があり
  ません。従って発表の障害にならないために休憩時間のみの時に出入りす
  ること。

3.発表の間の準備の時間が1分しかないので発表者ではなくて他の人が資料
  を配る。事前に決めてね!先生は普段5・6人いるので十分用意してくだ
  さい。(審査員を問わずに教員全員に配布すること!)

4.発表者の服装についてはルールがないが普通にビジネススーツをする。視
  聴者は自由です。

発表者へ: 日本の官僚はかなり効率的と思うが親戚などが終了式(3月下旬)
にくる予定なら早めにビザの申請が懸命ですね。

場合により私が保証人などになってほしいと思いますが、ならばこちらがある
書類をよいしないとならないのでそのよていがあれば教えてください。

ターンブル

In two weeks the 2d year students will be conducting their final
presentations.  I haven't seen the final schedule so I attach the last
proposed schedule from December.

You should be careful of several things.

1.  I expect *all* members of the seminar to attend *all* of the
    presentations by members.

2.  The sessions are adjusted to conform to the usual class periods,
    and there is no room for delays.  Therefore to avoid interrupting
    anyone's presentation you may enter and leave the room only at the
    usual class changing times.

3. The time between presentations is only one minute, so there is no
   time for presenters to distribute powerpoint printouts etc.  Please
   arrange for another student to do this ahead of time!  Usually
   there are 5-6 professors present.  They should each get a copy,
   whether they are scheduled as examiners or not!

4. There is no particular rule for dress of presenters, but most
   students wear business suits.  Others can dress comfortably.

To the presenters: Japanese bureaucrats are generally pretty
efficient, but if you plan to have family or other acquaintences
attend the graduation ceremony in late March you should be applying
for visas now.  In some cases you may need my support for some forms.
If so, I need to prepare some official forms as well, so please let me
know well in advance.

Steve

--
Associate Professor              Division of Policy and Planning Science
http://turnbull.sk.tsukuba.ac.jp/     Faculty of Systems and Information